In NNHELand we live by our three Statements of Denial.
1. At least I never ... (insert excuse here)
2. I am not as bad as... (so-in-so)
3. I’m sorry BUT... (insert here rationale making your apology unapologetic)
- Well at least I never tried to 'give away' my wife like Abraham.
- Well at least I never was 'saved by a prostitute'.
- At least I get along with my neighbors better than Samson did.
- Well, I know I married better than Ahab.. and married less than Solomon.
- I never have drooled into a dish at a church potluck.
- I know the difference between figurative and literal unlike some.
- I do NOT think out loud.. most of the time
Truth be told the stories of flawed men and women of the Bible, in history, and today used by God who served God despite circumstances, limitations, and/or failings is inspirational.
Abraham the Liar - Becomes The father of a Nation
Moses the Murderer - Delivered Israel from Slavery
David the Shepherd Boy - Defeats the Giant
Noah the Boat Builder - saved mankind from the great flood
Peter and his sinking Faith - Was the Rock Jesus built his church on
Paul the persecutor of the Church - Becomes the first great missionary
No need to hide out in NNHELand as we are all sinners saved by God's Grace. Instead be faithful in the big and little ways in your life so God can bless and use you in ways that are beyond your dreams.
Jeff (Never Never Hardly Ever Sleeping in Church) Larson