Oh sure I attend church most every Sunday, Men's bible study on Wednesday, and my wife and I even host a Small Group bible study every other Sunday night.. but what difference does any of that make? Who am I? I am NOBODY.
Then a couple years ago I sold the sports biz and since then I have not figured out exactly what I want to do when I.. grow up or retire.. whichever comes first.
And this whole cartooning passion I have is not what I would call a successful 'get rich quick' scheme or a cash cow.
Don't get me wrong, I am not lazy. I have worked jobs in the past, and will again as needed to make ends meet. I have even been the PAPER BOY (for God?) delivering the daily newspaper.
I am not sure if that was a typo or a snarky comment on my personal credit so I did quick check my pulse, and good news.. I was not dead.
I was still a NOBODY, but a living breathing NOBODY.
- Moses was the exiled (for murder) former Prince of Egypt and was tending sheep when God called him from the Burning Bush.
- Abraham received God's call to be the father of a nation when he was an old man. And while Abraham was known for his great faith, I also remember he was a pretty good liar too.
- King David known as the man after God's own heart committed adultery and planned a murder.
- The Apostle Paul was the great persecutor of the early Christian church before God stopped him on the road to Damascus and decided switch sides and join the A Team.
- Peter was the Rock on whom Jesus would build his church also denied Jesus 3 times.
By God using these very flawed men to serve him in great ways it demonstrates it has always about God's message and not the messenger.... so maybe there is hope for a NOBODY like me.
Who are we? nobody.
The mighty mighty.. Nobodys?
Who am I without God anyways? BUT an equally good question is.. WHO AM I WITH GOD? What is possible? This is not to say God will use me to part any Red Seas, raise any dead, or become the Billy Graham of Christian cartoons, .. but I believe if I am willing, God will bless and use me in ways that are beyond what I could dream.
The one thing I am daily reminded is.. this life is not about me. It is about loving God with all my heart soul and mind and caring for others. To be faithful in the moments presented to me each day and then God can and will use me in little subtle ways for sure, and who knows maybe in big ways. I am sure there is a sea that needs parting somewhere.
May God bless and use each of you as you are faithful to HIm in ways that are always beyond our dreams and all that God intends.
Have a great day. Smile lots.. and enjoy life!
Jeff (NOBODY) Larson