Ok, today I am not concerned about a low Bat Signal, but I am having trouble with a Lo-Batt Signal in my 'spirit'.
Also on every other Sunday evening my wife and I host a small group bible study with 8 others from the church that have become our good friends. So a quick check of my spiritual battery on most Sunday evenings and I appear in good shape for another week.
Then Monday comes, followed by it's evil sidekicks Tuesday - Friday. The Good News shared on Sunday is replaced by 24/7 Bad News channels. Oh good does happen but that does not sell ads for CNN, FOX, CBS, NBC, or ABC.
Monday through Friday has replaced the 'no perfect people allowed' slogan with slogans like .. 'What happens in Vegas , stays in Vegas'. .. and there is rush hour traffic!
Monday through Friday replaces the generosity found when the offering plate is passed on Sunday with a land of greed. Greed in the work place, and greed in a society where wants are more important than needs.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot almost every Monday-Friday after working 8 hours I am TIRED. It's November now and within an hour after getting home from work it is getting dark, and I live in Minnesota so it goes without saying it is getting cold. All this is draining on my spirit and can bring me to a LO-BATT state.
Here are a few tips I try to follow...
1. Be sure to get enough sleep. Don't underestimate the power of sleep unless you are doing it at work. :(
2. Go on a TV Diet. Don't bloat your brain on 24/7 bad news, or UNREAL reality TV, etc etc
3. Enjoy your friends and family.. and enjoy peace & quiet. (see #2) the TV does not have to be on.
4. Read a good book, even better yet The Good Book. and stay in an attitude of prayer.
5. Be thankful, as I have learned complaining can be a big big battery drain.
These are just a few basics to keep me from going Lo-Batt, and your just say NO to Lo-Batt list may vary.
May your Sunday's always charge your batteries, and your Mon-Fri be no match for your life in tune with Jesus.
Jeff (looking for Sunday) Larson