Maybe.. Not since God tossed Satan out of Heaven has there been a comparable BREAKING BAD moment.
note: For those of you contemplating binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix please disregard the previous paragraph. MY BAD
Ok, so far there are three obvious lessons learned
1. Don't cook Meth,
2. Don't Murder, and
3. Don't trust criminals to keep secrets.
Even our Bibles are filled with Breaking Bad moment of literally biblical proportions. Let me share a few.
- Adam & Eve sinned, then tried to play the Blame Game with God.
- Moses .. After BREAKING BADly the Ten Commmandments he attempts to repair with duct tape.
- King Solomon was the wise king of Israel but became compromised by his self-endulging ways and started collecting wives (700+ of them) like other people collect stamps
- Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, and it turned out to be the price of INFAMY.
- Maybe a problem with drink while you hide the bottles.
- Maybe an attraction acted on or not to someone other than your spouse.
- Maybe financial choices (credit cards, and purchases) that have dug a hole that cannot be climbed out of with any ladder we can purchase with your maxed out credit card at Home Depot.
- Maybe the subtle slow slide of TV and/or the internet cluttering our minds with compromise that is just a click a way. This 24/7 stimulation, and manipulation of will, addiction to desires, the wasting of time, is turning our brains to mush.
1 Cor 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Phil 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things.
AND if/when we fall.. know the grace of our Heavenly Father is perfect. No matter how great or small your prodigal son or daughter moment.
May God bless each of you on your journey.