I find myself on sort of a career crossroads as I wonder what path I should be on. I may be 59 years old, but I am not dead yet.
So here are my current Career Change considerations at age 59.
COMPETITIVE SWIMMING (After watching the Olympics)
- PROS: Swimming has worked out very well for Michael Phelps, and I don't drink so when I lie it is not as grandiose as Bryan Lochte.
- CONS: I don't like when water gets up my nose.
- RESULT: Scratch Swimming!
- PROS: I like alone time, and CIA Operatives seem to have lots and lots of alone time.
- CONS: Because of my back I cannot stand for long periods of time. Also, I bruise easy, and there seems to be a lot of fighting involved. Attention to detail is not my strong suit either.
- RESULT: Scratch CIA Operative
- PROS: Get to travel the world. I like to push buttons, and blow up stuff. Seems like there is a lot of vacation time by watching Obama. My resume is light on foreign policy and other 'political -bleep-' but I could not be worse than those two clowns running for office now.
- CONS: Working with congress. not enough alone time, I don't really like golf, and it might be too late to be a write in candidate.
- RESULT: President of the United States? maybe.
Same was true back in Genesis when Abraham was nudged by God out of his rocking chair around age 75 to be the father of a nation. His descendants would be as many as the stars so get busy and have a son already. A great nation ordained by God? Who says faith and politics don't mix?
I am not sure, but my prayer is for God to open doors as I look, but in the mean time... MAY HE FIND ME FAITHFUL in the moments that make up the day, and the job I am in now. Amen.
Jeff (pre-golden years) Larson