I watched a sermon video a recently by Brother Buzz LIght Year. It was an uplifting sermon where the sky is the limit, his exact words were TO INFINITY & BEYOND and I was challenged to not hold back in neither my pursuit or zest for life.
<insert puzzled expression here>
Now that I think about it I was actually watching the movie Toy Story with the grandkids, but it was still a powerful message of family, and friendship all while accepting my place in this expansive Universe.
<insert 2nd puzzled expression here>
Ok, I guess I have not blogged in a while (11/11/16 was my last post) and it appears my thoughts are meandering a bit.
2016 did end for me in a bitter sweet way as my mom passed away at age 88 between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This did occupy my time and mind as you can imagine.
But now I am rested and ready and looking forward to the New Year. In 2017 I plan to blog more and in these posts be less scattered in sharing my thoughts and now and then actually MAKE A POINT. I am blessed by God with a good life with the 3 Fs (Faith, family, and friends) and look forward to a great year. So with this awkward segue let me move onward and forward into 2017 with my very simple list of Resolutions.
MY 2017 RESOLUTIONS
1. Pursue God like never before
2. Serve God like never before
3. Trust in God like never before
4. Love God like never before
5. Care for others like never before
6. Believe in the power of prayer like never before
7. Trust in God's timing like never before.
8. Show kindness like never before
234. Don't post snarky political views on Facebook
235. Pray for a Geen Back Packer Super Bowl
236. Lose 15 pounds
437. Say something nice about the Minnesota Vikings
I do wish each of you a great 2017 blessed and used by God in ways that are beyond your dreams. May you pursue him and love him with all your heart and serve and care for others in need all to the glory of God.
Happy New Years Blessings!
The mutterings on life and faith by cartoonist Jeff Larson