SANTA- fun Christmas fantasy..
CHRISTMAS - coming soon and gone before you know it.. like a mailman but he delivers on Christmas Day!
A spiritual lesson from Santa ..
Do not accept a substitute Santa, and certainly not a substitute Savior!
Come sit on Santa's Lap and make your List
The many faces of Santa include his..midlife crisis , and this darkside Goth Santa
-Old Redder , See ya next year ,
gone bad , Santa Golf?
-Old Saint Jesse? Xmas Games ,
- Santapranos? .. like a Thief in the Night? .. and maybe a SICKDAY.. and doin the SANTA SHUFFLE!
Black Ice - To Infinity & Beyond
- Stuck Again - and again - Santa Scripture -
- Weight Watching?? Buzzed.. and Santa Visa
Elves - Elfvis , Elf Stress, and SCREAM therapy
LISTS, SHOPPING, TREES!
- CLS - winter walks - shop til you drop
- trees for chiropractors, and PETO and Dogs
- Hot Church Christmas Card
- Drumstick or Loretta
- Kiss her or Smoke it
- Makin' a Move
- Cheese & Lutefisk Kiss?
and the Nativity Set Massacre and Lights out and
visions of PET STUFF danced in their heads. Our church even has it's own Live Nativity.
JESUS- the very real Christmas Miracle..
Plan for the World was the Coffee Talk in Heaven a little over 2000 years ago, and the ol baby born to a virgin in a manger to save the world plan was original and it was perfect.
Christmas Night (Luke 2)-
This plan included the original Odd Couple of Shepherds,
After an extensive Tryout process the Realms of Glory Choir was selected. In contrast but not to be outdone the Shepherds were singing 'Go Smell it on the Mountain' which was later revised to become the Gospel Classic 'Go Tell it on the Mountain.'
- That first Christmas night you could hear HAROLD the angel singing HARK, and find GLORIA visiting from Excelces Deo... though slow mobile networks prevented some from being there.
- It was a glorious night as the angels greeted these sheep folk with the words.. Fear not!
as they pointed the way to the Bethlehem Star. "Follow that star.. dude".. was heard by some sheep tenders while others were greeted by the UP NORTH angel who's apparel was a bit startling to those near Bethlehem. In Minnesota the appearance of these Snow Angels would have been so out of place, but HELLO Bethlehem was not a suburb of Minneapolis Mn! And.. let's not forget the Tabloid affect the angels had on some.
If Jesus was born today the announcement of his birth would have included plenty of angel air time minutes as they are heard (calling and texting) on high.
- Of course where there are shepherds there were sheep who all did there part as bit players that first Christmas night. Some sheep were BAAA Humbug in their attitude while other wooly friends were totally in the spirit offering their services as living breathing positioning systems (SPS) for the new born baby Jesus... praising the birth of God's own son on Earth with exclamations of
- unBAAAlievable!.. and Nice BAAA-by.
- It also should be noted in the midst of this glorious night there was an awkward moment when Mistletoe was found growing wild at the manger where Jesus was born but after a few awkward smiles, focus returned to where it should be worshiping the newborn baby Jesus. WHEW!.
- (Mt 2) The other major players this first Christmas night were those three wisemen. This part of the story is met by skeptical women believing that there is no such thing as truly WISEMEN. Good, maybe.. but wise? ..
and of course they did not find Jesus that first night without a GPS and being guys.. stopping to ask directions was simply out of the question.
In their own defense they claimed it would have taken much longer if there wives were along wanting to stop along the way at every souvineer and gift shop... and
if... these 3 wisemen who traveled so far were from let's say.. CANADA it would have added an entirely different flavor to the Christmas story.. don't you think EH? AND.. wouldn't a puppy make a better gift for a child king?
Before all this Herod pretended to recruit these 3 WISEGUYS to report to him when they found Jesus so he could worship Jesus too. God warned them NOT to obey Herod.
It was a Silent Night and Holy night, but not for everyone and though this was all part of God's perfect plan to be have our savior rejected by the Inkeepers and their No Vacancy signs.. he was welcomed by ...
Roy the Donkey and...
a Little drummer boy
and then ironically just one week
later the Inkeeper devised a plan to profit from his unwitting noteriety.