- Your'e not getting older, your'e getting wiser
- With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone...
- You can't teach an Old Dog New Tricks.
- Age before beauty
- Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.
- Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.
- Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
- Youth is a disease from which we all recover.
- Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
- You are only young once, but you can be immature forever.
But.. when I pause to pray, and count my blessings.. proper perspective begins to return and my relative wisdom is stirred.
I am blessed with..
- A loving wife, 3 great kids all grown up, 2 grandkids, along with other family and friends..
- A church heritage that just like my friends and family is not perfect BUT provided me with my spiritual roots in good soil.
- A Heavenly Father that loves me with perfect grace.
I am old.. compared to my 4 year old grandson, young compared to my 86 year old mom, and just a babe compared to Methuselah.
I may not be wise like.. King Solomon who wrote the bible books Proverbs and Ecclesiastes that focus on wisdom and provide perspective for everyone.. BUT I did stop with having ONE wife while 'wise' King Solomon collected wives (700 wives, 300 concubines) like some people collect stamps.
Like I stated earlier, aging and wisdom are relative commodities. We all have a limited 'shelf life' on Earth and our aging process ultimately an expiration date (just glad it is not stamped on my forehead like a bottle of milk). BUT then Eternity in Heaven for those who believe.