Just hours before the angelic intervention of Clarence, George Baily is stressed, depressed, desperate, and feeling hopeless to the point of contemplating suicide believing his life has been a waste never accomplishing anything of significance, and the world would not miss him in fact would be better off without him. So he whispers a prayer (while sitting at a bar) at the climax of desperate times.
Ok, like usual I embellish MUCH to make my smirky points. THIS IS A WONDERFUL (dare I say BLESSED) LIFE!
1. I have a wonderful wife in my wonderful life that is my gift from God.
2. I am blessed with 3 kids who I love, respect, and appreciate,
3. I am blessed to have my 86 year old mom who I blessed with her love, support, and prayers!
3. I have a nice home to share it with different friends and family in their times of need.
4, I have employment in the arena of sports which I love and God has blessed me with abilities in.
5. I was raised in a loving Christian home which was never rich at the bank but was rich in love.
6. I have a wonderful Church heritage from the little town of Cable Wisconsin where I started my faith journey.
7. MOST IMPORTANTLY I have a personal faith in a loving God who sent His son to be born in a manger over 2000 years ago, raised by a carpenter and his wife, and then lived a life for man, preaching the way in words and deeds to salvation. Jesus then died on a cross, and was raised from the dead for all mankind. TRULY WONDERFUL!
Our prayers may not prevent the difficult days of stress, debt, and anxiety, BUT know that in this fallen world with all it's compromises and shortcomings God is there in the midst of it all. He hears our prayers, He loves each of us EQUALLY, and desires the best for each of us his children to where we see realize a WONDERFUL LIFE knowing our Heavenly Father.