Maybe.. Not since God tossed Satan out of Heaven has there been a comparable BREAKING BAD moment.
Walter White's life was a slippery slope of compromise, and his white lies evolved into massive coverups. Walter White changes over these few years into a ruthless big time meth producer responsible for countless murders, and in the end, he dies alone, his family is destroyed, and the wake of his truly bad choices on those around him were far reaching for both innocent and guilty. Even those who survived DID NOT live happily ever after but were truly Badly Broken.
note: For those of you contemplating binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix please disregard the previous paragraph. MY BAD
Ok, so far there are three obvious lessons learned 1. Don't cook Meth, 2. Don't Murder, and 3. Don't trust criminals to keep secrets.
- Adam & Eve sinned, then tried to play the Blame Game with God.
- Moses .. After BREAKING BADly the Ten Commmandments he attempts to repair with duct tape.
- King Solomon was the wise king of Israel but became compromised by his self-endulging ways and started collecting wives (700+ of them) like other people collect stamps
- Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, and in this one fell swoop went down in INFAMY.
- Maybe a problem with drink while you hide the bottles.
- Maybe an attraction acted on or not to someone other than your spouse.
- Maybe financial choices (credit cards, and purchases) that have dug a hole that cannot be climbed out of with any ladder we can purchase with your maxed out credit card at Home Depot.
- Maybe TV and/or the internet cluttering our minds with compromise that is just a click a way. 24/7 stimulation, a manipulation of will, addiction to desires, the wasting of time, and turning of brains to mush.
1 Cor 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Phil 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things.
AND if/when we fall.. know the grace of our Heavenly Father is perfect. No matter how great or small your prodigal moment.
May God bless each of you with your journey.