As a believer I am called to put on the full armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-18 ready for any and all confrontations, BUT a quick assessment of my armor but I find I should accessorize with more than a donut and coffee from the church fellowship center.
- I have my Helmet of Salvation, yea me!, but the rest of my gear has issues.
- belt of truth.. got one of those but I it's too big so my pants sag a bit.
- breastplate of righteousness.. to be honest it is kinda warm to wear and makes me sweat
- gospel of peace army boots.. i must have off brand shoes which do not offer me the support i need.
- shield of faith .. i sorta misplace it from time to time so I am must now dodge flaming arrows
- the sword of the spirit (God's word) . ..I got one.. but is a little dustier than I would like to admit.
The good news is don’t have to be a spiritual ‘Tin Man’ like in the Wizard of Oz. I can be more than conqueror through Christ who is my strength. If I purposefully and intentionally put on the full armor of God I can boldly live out the words of the prophet Dirty Harry.. “Go ahead, make my day”…
BRING IT ON!